Melissa, Geoff and Mina

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I went to San Carlos, Mexico for New Years with my parents brother and his wife. Geoff couldn't take the time off work :( We enjoyed lots of good Mexican food (yum!), lounged on the beach, took walks, hiked around the hotel, and just took it easy.

Note my brother's Mexi-stash in these pictures!




Here's proof that I got in! It was COLD but the water was so beautiful I couldn't resist. That's my dad next to me. He got in at least once a day, one day 3 times!



This is actually a view of the hotel where we stayed. It was perfect, very quiet, right on the beach.
Being on the beach brought back a lot of memories from my mission having served on the coast of South Africa. I'm homesick for it! Luckily my sister-in-law also served in South Africa so we got to swap stories and compare experiences while we were there. The previous time I'd been to San Carlos we stayed in a hotel more in the bay, which was like a lake. I was disappointed at the time because the last time I'd seen the ocean was in South Africa and it was not like a lake! This trip I was not disappointed because the hotel where we stayed was more on the open ocean and we got to hear waves crashing right outside our window. What a peaceful way to fall asleep.

1 comment:

  1. Who is that handsome guy with the afro hair and the Mexi stache?

    ReplyDelete