Melissa, Geoff and Mina

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Our adoption hearing

We asked the county attorney's office to submit a petition to change the date of our adoption hearing. We did this because Geoff's family will be in town early in June for his nephew's wedding and we wanted them to be able to come to the sealing and blessing of Mina also. The attorney's office told us there was no guarantee that the date could be changed, but that it had happened before. I tried not to get my hopes up because I had initially hoped the hearing would be set in April when my family was here. When that didn't happen I was very discouraged.

But we just got a letter from the county attorney's office stating that our new adoption hearing date is June 2! It is an answer to prayer! Thank you all for your love and support and everyone is still invited to come that weekend for her sealing and blessing (though we now have to set that up!)

1 comment: