Melissa, Geoff and Mina

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sierra and Jake

It's been a while since I've posted and now I have 3 or 4 to add, so be prepared! I watch my niece Sierra and nephew Jake every Monday while my sister Elisa attends community college. I really enjoy the time I spend with them. They love playing outside in the dirt, making "soup" out of leaves and sticks and whatever else they can find. They also love going to the park which is close to our house, feeding the ducks and playing in the park. My sister Elisa gave me an older one seated stroller she got for cheap on Craig's list and a few weeks ago I took it apart and washed the fabric. Well, it took me a while to get it put back in, so for one trip to the park the kids stood in the bottom of the stroller. They thought it was great fun! We had a little adventure when one of the straps holding the bottom onto the frame snapped. Of course this happened right as we were about to cross the street, Gracie was pulling on her leash because she's scared of the cars, and Sierra, who now had to walk, didn't have her shoes on. I had to lift her out and we just waited on the side of the road, me trying to calm Gracie and Jake, while Sierra put her shoes on. We all ended up laughing about it. Well, I don't know if Gracie was laughing, but the kids and I considered it an adventure. I have since replaced the seat in the stroller, complete with fuzz balls from the towels I washed it with. (Yeah, it looks a little trashy! Oh well.) The other day Sierra started showing me her kung fu moves. (They recently watched kung fu panda.) I couldn't resist recording her. Notice Jake in the background just turning in circles and then falling down...over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment